Open a new Imperial or Metric drawing file. For this example, Imperial units are used.
From the Home tab, Extended Modeling panel select the Advance Steel Tool Palette.
From the Selection category, select the second icon in the first row which is the
The Sort by single part option will be visible by default.
There will only be three columns by default. You can add or remove a column by hovering over the heading, right-clicking then chose Insert or remove a column.
When choosing Insert column, you will see five options.
Select the flyout arrow adjacent for further criteria you want listed regarding the structure.
The most used criteria are located on the Properties, Naming and Drawing options.
If you do not like the location of the inserted column, you can use the remove column option. Place the curser between headings and choose preferred criteria. See an example below.
Sort by single part settings
Sort by main part settings
Sort by preliminary part settings
Saving the settings as a template
When finished you can save the settings as a template. NEVER change ASTemplate.dwt. Models started form any other file that cannot be traced back to the official template can cause inexplicable problems and crashes. Open ASTemplate.dwt and immediately Save As to a new name in the same location for example, “ASTemplate - Model Browser.dwt” for Graitec.
To save the browser settings as a template
1. Select the application icon then the Save As option and navigate to the correct location.
2. Select the DWT Drawing Template.
3. Change the file name. For this example, it is named ASTemplate - Model Browser.
4. Select the File of type flyout a choose AutoCAD Drawing Template(*dwt).
5. Select the Save button. The Template Options Descriptions window will be displayed.
6. You can type in a description and confirm the measurement as English.
7. Select OK.
Next, you can use the customized template.
See link for short reference video for Advance Steel 2018.
Using the new template
1. Select the Application button then New >Drawing or the New icon to the right of the Application Icon.
2. Select the ASTemplate-Model Browser template from the name window.
3. Select Open.
4. From the Home tab, Extended Modelling panel, select the Advance Steel Tool Palette button.
5. From the Selection category, select the Model Browser to confirm the settings were saved with the newly created drawing template.
Watch the video to see how it’s done!
For additional information, Graitec customers may contact their local support teams.
Wondering if Advance Steel can do "this" or "that", or if there is a better way to do something?
We have various ways to assist with your questions.